So, last year, I took a chance and grabbed my purse, camera and a EW magazine that I had and left work to try my luck at the Season 6 premiere. I ended up close but not quite close enough to get a picture with this glorious man.. The premiere was wonderful. So many up close views of the cast and…
#trueblood #lovely story great job #sad
"In the final season, we’re telling a more personal story," says executive producer Brian Buckner, who took over after show creator Alan Ball and executive producer Mark Hudis left. "We’re going back to the original promise of the show: Bill and Sookie.People are going to be very surprised about the way we get there. There’s romance, sadness and resolution.”
Interview TV Guide
#reblogging because i agree and because #most perfect gifs #laughing so hard
Keith Ablow, Asshole of the Day for May 15, 2014
It seems not a day goes by where someone in power or in the media says something horrible about rape. Today we add Dr. Keith Ablow, a Fox News's expert. Dr. Ablow defended a middle school banning tights on the grounds that boys will be boys:
ABLOW: You cannot come in with leggings. Because my son wants to learn and the truth is it is distracting. And it is kind of inappropriate because when did we decide as a culture that tights would become an overgarment instead of an undergarment. The reason we’re doing that is because girls are in a panic to be more and more sexual because we’ve taken all the restraint away from femininity. We’ve made girls into boys.
ABLOW: I don’t know that we can restrain boys from being boys. So the long stare, the offhand comment, you have to — what do you do, excuse it? Because it was certainly provoked. And I think girls put themselves in the line of fire that way.
"I don’t know that we can restrain boys from being boys." And he also thinks we shouldn’t even try. Sorry, girls, your needs don’t matter when they interfere with boys’ needs. I mean, why would we even try to restrain boys so that girls could be allowed to learn?
The sexism here is so breathtakingly clear: Boys will be boys and there’s no need or desire to change that. Girls must accommodate themselves to boys, not the other way around. Only the girls have to make accommodations according to this sexist asshole.
And the part that really annoys me is that middle school might be a great time to start explaining to boys that it’s not acceptable to treat women as sex objects, and that they should act with restraint and empathy towards all people, including those of the opposite sex. It will be a lot easier to teach this lesson at 13 than at 23, at which point you’d have to unlearn all the bad lessons. But Dr. Ablow doesn’t want to do that— he wants boys to have no restraint and do whatever they want, no matter who it hurts. This is sexism, and to some extent what rape culture is based on. And for that, Dr. Keith Ablow is the Asshole of the Day.
- Judge Jeanine Howard gives rapist light sentence because victim didn’t cry during rape
- Indian politician says rape penalties are too harsh because “Boys will be boys. Mistakes sometimes happen.” Yes, he called rape a “mistake”.
- Wall Street Journal editor James Taranto says that a woman who is raped while drunk is equally to blame
- Sen. Dick Black says a woman can’t be raped by her husband if she’s wearing a nightie
- India’s top police official says that “If you can’t prevent rape, you enjoy it”
- U.S. attorney William J. Ihlenfeld tells high school athletes that if you’re involved in a rape or witness a rape, don’t record it or put it on social media, but neglects to say “don’t rape”.
- Former Rep. Allen West blames rape in the military on women, even though women aren’t involved in a large number of military sexual assaults
- Sen. Saxby Chambliss says that rape in the military is a problem, but, you know, hormones and goes on to say there’s nothing that can be done
Full story: Media Matters
#what century do we live in? #seriously?
Carry On My Wayward Son -Kansas
Number one rule of fandom: Thou shalt never not reblog this song if thou art a member of the Supernatural fandom.
i like this rule
Always reblog Kansas/Supernatural’s anthem.
Dude theres an abbey road camera aimed right at the crosswalk where the beatles did their thing
And all day all that happens is tourists trying to reenact the famous pose its fucking addicting to watch its the funniest fucking thing.
I’ve been watching this for an hour it’s all I want to do
#abbey road #funny